Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy 1/2 Birthday!


Today is Jaelyn's 1/2 birthday. She is officially six months old already! I can hardly believe it. What a ride it's been so far. We had our doctor's appointment this afternoon and all is well. She is up to 16lbs. 4 oz. and 27 1/2 inches long. We had some blood work done to discover what kind of allergies she has and confirm the milk allergy. Talk about traumatic! The lab technicians had a difficult time finding her tiny vein and had to try a few times. I was crying as hard as she was. Poor girl has mascara stains on her onesie from all of Mama's tears. How am I supposed to be strong for her when I can't see through my own tears? We'll get those results back in about a week.
On a happier note, she officially has two teeth so she LOVES chomping on anything she can get her hands on....including her own fingers.
We're seeing her personality coming out more and more. She certainly likes to be around people. Wherever we are she wants to be there too, in on all the action, no matter what we're doing. Jaelyn can change her mood in seconds. She can be screaming and crying one second and cooing and giggling the next. Signs of a drama queen? Only time will tell.

Happy Birthday, my Love Bug.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW seems like yesterday we were waiting her birth. At the temder age of 6 months, she has been on an airplane, gone camping.

Thre is no limit as to what she may do in her life time. I am sure it will be a great ride. LOL