That's right. We have a light at the end of the tunnel. Tomorrow, we'll head to the hospital, bright and early at 6am and begin the induction process. This is something I really did NOT want to do, but being 9 days over due, it is something Scott and I, as well as the doctor think it's time for.
One bonus is the fact that tomorrow is my sister's birthday. From day one, she has told me that she wants this baby to be born on her birthday. I thought, "no way will I be 9 days late...it'll never happen!" Boy, was I wrong! When it came time to set a date for the induction, I called Amy to double check, one more time, that she would be OK sharing her birthday with this baby.
Her response: "I told you God would answer my prayers to have this baby on my birthday!"
So, the 13th it is.
My mom and sister will arrive from Green Bay this afternoon, and my dad will show up tomorrow afternoon/evening. Scott's family will be around as well.
We are still praying that I'll go into labor naturally in the next 24 hours, and we can avoid the pictocin. I know some have had no issues with the drug, and others have had terrible experiences with it. I'd just like to avoid it all together if possible.
It's such a weird mind shift. For the last 9 months, I kept thinking about the day that I go into labor...Where I'll be? Will Scott be home, or will I have to call him? Will I be able to finish working? Will it be during the day or at night? Will my water break or will it just start with contractions?
Now it is a date on the calendar. Scott and I will go to bed tonight without children and will go to bed tomorrow night as official parents, with a baby. To have that definitive date and time is a little bit strange, but I have to admit, it is a bit exciting to know that the waiting is over, even if it isn't the process I imagined.
The next post will be about our new bundle of joy! Until then...
3 comments:
I have goose bumps after reading this...and tears (that could be my own pregnancy hormones at work). Tomorrow is going to be an amazing day for you and Scott!! I can't wait to meet the newest member of the Paulson family!
My love and prayers are coming your way :)
Tiff
I SOOOOOOOOO wish I could be there. Flat Des will have to fill in for me. I love you and am looking forward to the call tomorrow!
Oh HAPPY DAY. Oh HAPPY DAY.
I know You and Scott will be the best Parents going. This child will have all the love in the world.
Praise God
Grandpa Charlie..
I will make some Waffuls. LOL
Post a Comment